Meeting Topics For 2016
At our January meeting last month we had a great brainstorming session on topics that we’d like to see covered in 2016. I compiled a list based on our ideas to use as a basic outline for the rest of the year’s meeting topics:
- WordPress Beginners
Intro to Using WordPress WordPress Tools & Technology
- Best Practices
- Development (software, version control, local, staging, production servers)
- Testing (browser, device, unit testing, user testing)
- WordPress Development Fundamentals
- Loop Query Intro
- Hooks & Filters
- Child Themes
- Theme Frameworks
- Using Shortcodes
- Making Shortcodes
- Custom Post Types & Taxonomies
- Intro to CPTs & Taxonomies (Admin)
- Using CPTs & Taxonomy Templates (Frontend)
- Custom Metaboxes
Advanced Custom Fields
- Scope, Contracts, Clients
- Project Management
- Getting A WordPress Job (Panel?)
Topics that are
crossed out have already been covered this year.
If you have anything in particular you would like to learn about these topics, or any suggestions for additional topics, please let us know.
We are looking for volunteers to speak about all the topics listed above, or anything else that you would like to talk about. It would be great to see some new speakers that we haven’t heard from before, don’t be shy! Also, any speakers who would like to practice their talk for a WordCamp or other conference are welcome to!
If you have any topic requests or would like to speak on one of these topics, let me know in the comments below or email me.