My name is Matt Barker and I’m a huge fan of WordPress. I look forward to getting to know you! Some friends and I got together a few months ago and decided to organize a WordCamp for Minneapolis – St Paul. After much planning and coordination with WordCamp Central, we are proud to announce that the Twin Cities has it’s first official WordCamp. Now that we are up and running, we need your help to make this the best WordCamp possible!
We have set the date for November 13th 2010 and it will be held at the
Best Buy Headquarters. This venue offers easy access to the airport
and lodging for the attendees and national speakers we hope will fly
First of all, I would like to thank Toby for meeting with me this afternoon! We have high hopes that our WordCamp will be great and will be relying on the User Group to add input and ideas to help make it success. Setting a date and obtaining the venue were our first steps and we look forward to the next phase. any help that you could provide in the following areas will be greatly appreciated:
- Help us get the word out! Place a badge on your blog/website,
join our fan page on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.
- Provide input on the schedule. We will most likely have three tracks – Beginner, Social Networking/Marketing, and Developer. There will be the opportunity to have approx 24-27 break out sessions and we welcome your ideas/input on discussion topics within the three tracks. We look forward to the opportunity to discuss your ideas in person at the next User Group! In the meantime, drop us a line.
- Become a speaker. Are you an expert in a paticular area of WordPress? Interested in speaking?
- Help us find sponsors. WordCamps are user organized and finding sponsors will be crucial to our success. We plan to keep ticket prices low ($30) so everyone has the ability to attend. The ticket price alone will NOT fund the entire event! All net proceeds WILL go to charity. We have more info coming soon.
- Volunteer. Our strongest need will be the week before and day of the event. The more volunteers that we have, the more everyone will be able to attend the breakout sessions! If you could spare a few hours before or during the Event, please let us know.
- Buy a ticket. There are still tickets available!
Hosting WordCamp Minneapolis – St. Paul is a huge responsibility and a great privilege. There is no way we can accomplish this lofty goal without the help and support of the Twin Cities WordPress community. We want your help, we need your input, and we can’t wait to showcase your talents and learn from each other!
Whewww…lots to say—that’s all for now!